Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Are we selfish?

Last night, I suggested to Ann that I might want to go on "one more hike" before October. I'd say the look on her face was one of being crestfallen. It's not like I've spent the entire summer gone. I haven't. I went on a hike in May, nothing in June, I was gone for a three night trip in July, and an overnighter in August. The hike I'd like to do is just a day trip up to our local mountains, and I probably won't have another chance to get out until next year because I will be getting on the overtime list at work to try and pay off debt. I have a high chance of getting called in on my days off. I think that's something she's not looking forward to. The thing is, I'm not either. I'm looking towards it with dread actually, because I really need the days off.
I don't know whether I'm being selfish or not. I don't want to hurt her who so badly wanted me home that she circled my remaining days off on the calendar before I would go on the O.T. list. I guess I need to ask whether or not any particular hike is more important to me than spending time with my best friend Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment